Skip to Content

Frequently Asked Questions


Where can you take state vehicles for minor or preventive maintenance?

All calls and requests must go through the VMCC for maintenance and repairs and the VMCC will handle scheduling the repairs and service.

Where can you get state vehicles washed under contract?

Consult your Agency Transportation Officer, the VMCC or the Fleet Administrator for a list of VDOT facilities with automatic washers and approved commercial establishments.

Do we have to coordinate with the VMCC call center before vehicle maintenance is performed by VDOT?

All needed repairs or vehicle component replacements are to be managed by the VMCC.

What do I do in the event of an accident?

Under normal circumstances, call the VMCC at (866) 857-6866 and they will assist you. If there are severe injuries or an emergency call 911.


What are the Enterprise rates?

Enterprise Rate Schedule

Is insurance included in my rental fees?

Yes, insurance is included under the fees for CoVA rentals.

Do I enter eVA orders for rental car services?

No. Rental car services (individual and group) up to $50,000 are considered as travel and as such are exempt from eVA (reference APSPM 14.9.b 23).

What do I need to provide when making a reservation?   

You need your agency Enterprise account number.  If your agency has a required billing number,  that information will also need to be provided in order for billing to occur.  Please contact your agency Transportation Offices for additional questions.

Is there a preferred website to make an online reservation?

This website is the “preferred” method of booking for the CoVA Enterprise contract:

Do I need a credit card to pickup my car? 

If you set up your agency account to direct bill the charges for the car, you will not need a credit card.

What should I do if an employee is in an accident with a rental car? 

You should notify Enterprise at the number provided in the information you receive from them, notify Virginia State Police just as though it is a state vehicle, and notify your agency.

How do I get fuel for the rental cars? 

Each Agency Transportation Officer was sent information about how your agency can obtain fuel credit cards for the rental cars.  The credit cards provided by your agency will only work at commercial refueling sites.  Make sure that you return the cars fueled or your agency will be billed a fueling charge.

How is the best way to control my costs with Enterprise? 

Since you are paying a daily rate whether or not you drive the vehicle, rent cars only as you need them for as short a time possible.  For example, if you need a car for Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  It is cheaper to have three one day rentals than to keep the vehicle for 5 days.

How long can I rent a vehicle from Enterprise? 

Any rental for more than 30 days will require approval by the Fleet Administrator.  With OFMS approval vehicles can be rented for up to 364 days.

Will the Enterprise contract have any impact on my permanently assigned vehicles? 

No.  Permanently assigned vehicles from OFMS will still be processed as usual.

What do I do if I have a breakdown in an Enterprise car? 

Call the number provided in your Enterprise package which you will receive with the car.  Enterprise will take care of the repairs and provide you with another vehicle.

Return to Travel Planning Instructions


Site Map | Web Policies | Social Media Policy | Freedom of Information Act | Start of Content | Top of Page
Copyright 2014 by Department of General Services
WIA Compliance Status
The Virginia Values Veterans(V3) Program is an official Commonwealth of Virginia, Department of Veterans Services Program. (c) 2014
A proud V3-certified site